Monday, March 04, 2013

Frank Gehry


Whoa: starriest starchitect Frank Gehry is designing a 22-story tower on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, according to plans submitted today. The Santa Monica Daily Press reports that the tower will house a 125-room hotel and 22 condos, plus two stories of retail and restaurants, and a three-floor subterranean parking garage with 460 spaces. But wait! There's more. A 36,000-square-foot art museum, incorporating two landmarked structures, is planned for next door. Finally, there are also plans for a separate apartment building on Second Street to meet the project's affordable housing requirement (and replace 19 rent-controlled units that would be lost to the development). The project is being developed by M. David Paul Associates--which owns the site--and the Worthe Real Estate Group. *The tower would not actually be taller than the 21-story building recently proposed for the Fairmont Miramar Hotel site--despite having one more story, it would come in about 18 feet shorter.

http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/02/frank_gehry_designing_hotel_tower_and_art_museum_for_samo.php

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was
looking on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now
and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and
a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have
time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time
I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic b.



Here is my web blog ... exercise equipment

stylosh said...

you can try these out best replica designer Your Domain Name louis vuitton replica index dolabuy

teti said...

replica bags vuitton hermes replica b7m76q2d68 replica evening bags article source z1w39y4t87 gucci replica bags replica bags pakistan replica bags china free shipping Continue Reading b2h20s5o00 replica nappy bags