Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Annie Can't Miss

In 1946 the Irving Berlin musical, Annie Get Your Gun, opened at New York’s Imperial Theatre. Once of the most successful shows presented on a Broadway stage, the show ran for 1,147 performances. Last night the Civic Light Opera of the South Bay presented the show and Victoria Strong filled in at the last minute for the star of the show who came down with laryngitis, and she certainly did fill the stage. The audience gave her a standing ovation for a magnificent performance. It's a wonderful show. If you get a chance -- see it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd really like to see this cos I'm a huge fan of Irving Berlin. - Here in Germany this man often gets reduced to White Christmas, many people don't know what wonderful music he wrote. I know and I'm very thankful for what he was and what he gave to us. He simply was a genius and a very nice and charming man (with a funny face - referring to the great movie with Fred Astaire and the Hep :-))

I have dedicated a little page to this great man ( http://irvingberlin.blogspot.com/ ), but the page is still under construction, hopefully I'll get all things from my imagination fixed. I also hope to see you there soon... meanwhile you can visit my other blog: http://chrisvonluckner.blogspot.com/ (But please don't blame me because of the sculls... like other people do. :-( Thanks!)

Regards, Chris.